Thursday, June 21, 2007

Really fed up with my job

My day job really is getting to me. I am in sales for a large publishing company, and slowly, the job becomes more unbearable at time goes on. Insurance isn't any good, the script we follow is lousy and customers are broke due to hard times falling on just about everyone nowadays. I am not a "shark" personality like some salespeople here. I have a conscience and believe in the Golden Rule, not in making people buy things, no matter what. If I had my way, I'd just do my art and leave this sales job, but at present, that isn't an option. So, I bear it, as I watch co-workers suffer along with me. My best friend is two months behind on her rent, and unable to pay her electric bill, due to working conditions messing up our sales stats.

We used to be top in the company. Now, we're on the top team, but our stats are lousy. The bosses just say to "hang in there, everyone is hurting right now." Yeah, they make better money than we do, so for them that is easy to say. My lifestyle is nice, and I want to keep it, not end up having to lose all that I've worked for as I wait for the company to improve itself. I wonder how many other people are out there, in different companies, having similar problems? I went to college, worked hard, and would like to go back to doing art full-time. It pays well if I push it, so I may have to do that eventually. Time will tell. Until then, I'm keeping myself as mellow as possible, to get through the storm. So far, so good. I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment