Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Looking forward to the next Harry Potter movie



It won't be too much longer now before the release of the latest Harry Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," hits the local cinemas. I usually wait for movies to come out on Pay-Per-View but in this circumstance, I'm going to go check out a matinee. Everything about the whole series of Potter movies intrigues me, from J.K.Rowling's amazing stories, to the highly creative effects and cinematography of each movie they put out. And, mostly, the talented actors tie the whole thing together perfectly. I've never read the Potter book series but have all the movies so far in my home collection, and will get this one too, whenever it comes out in DVD form. Before even seeing it, I know it will be good, dark plot or not.
Anyone who is a Harry Potter fan needs to check out Mugglenet.com, J.K. Rowling's site, and others who all showcase the world of Harry Potter. Watching these movies lets me forget about the everyday stress of work, and other responsibilities. It is a great way to enjoy fantasy that isn't cutesy or corny. These movies please such a wide variety of ages, which is hard to do. Even my cat, Blackie watched it on tv (see photo here):

Half the fun of seeing the Potter movies is the scenery, of the UK. It is so beautiful there. I went there many years ago and travelled all over England. I want to go back and see Scotland, and Ireland, too. So many of the sites used in the Potter films were in castles, churches and other picturresque locations throughout the UK. What a fascinating country with historic buildings everywhere.

So, when the movie opens, I'll be there. I hope J.K. Rowling decides to write more Potter books after all, because the public loves them and can't get enough. Me included. Keep 'em coming, folks...and don't kill off Harry, Hermoine or Ron!


No comments:

Post a Comment