Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Joel Osteen is Very Motivational and Inspiring


Every Sunday morning, I force myself to get up early to watch a half-hour service by Joel Osteen, the Pastor at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. How many pastors do you know that have the following of a rock star, and conduct services to a packed crowd in a former basketball stadium? The high quality, motivational content of his sermons packs them in, and makes us watch. It doesn't hurt that he's cute, either. It's nice to see someone who is moral, upbeat and a solid family man, who lives what he talks about. Nothing fake or hypocritical there. I'm not all that religious but his uplifting sermons really make my day a little brighter. With all the negative stuff we see on TV these days, it's good to be able to watch something that isn't corny, stupid or violent. This is good, common-sense information that I can use. He talks about improving our lives by postivity, reflection and being good to one another.


This is Lakewood Church. Incredibly huge.

If one of Mr.Osteen's sermons is particularly special, I record it on my DVR and play later, whenever I'm feeling down and need a boost. It helps to listen to a positive person talk in a straightforward manner, discuss subjects that I can really relate to, without trying to "save" or convert me. He just tells it like it is, and throws a joke in, here and there. I am not easily impressed, but am loyal when I find someone who can get and hold my attention consistently. Other great ministers are out there, but I can relate best to Joel Osteen because he's my age, and is very contemporary in his style.



Shout to the Lord by Darlene Zschech

No comments:

Post a Comment