Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Peaceful Sunday Afternoon

It's a lovely, stress-free day on the phones. I am working, but there are few calls coming in, which gives me time to work on my artwork. Life is good. Last week was pretty crazy, but on the weekend, life slows down, just the way I like it.

There are many great activities I could do today, but I chose to work and make money instead of spend it. Friends wanted me to go to the movies, and out to eat. Another time, right now money is a bit tight, so it's best to keep working. I was sick for a few weeks, with a bad back problem (herniated disk), which put me out of commission for even my home agent job. Being flat on my back was not conducive to working on the computer or phone. But now, I'm healed, just a little poorer for the lack of income coming in. The art and writing has pulled me through. I'm a workaholic, so it's hard for me to stop working on something, whether it's writing articles, drawing for clients or taking calls. I could do without the call-taking, but that is steady money so it must be done. I have no commute to work and don't even need to use my car unless I feel like it. That saves a lot on gas. Here in Florida, gas prices are just through the roof. Living in a tourism area, it's cheaper to take a taxi than to use my own car anymore, since taxis are everywhere.

This morning I watched Joel Osteen, a preacher from Texas. Handsome, moral and articulate. What a man. How come I couldn't find a mate like this when I was looking? My old boyfriends and husband were handsome but lacking in just about everything else. I sure know how to pick 'em. Anyways, Mr. Osteen has the whole package, and is a true professional to boot. His sermons are so uplifting and positive, and I'm not even religious. What a good influence on the world he is. There needs to be more people like this, helping others to feel good about themselves. We need all the positivity we can get, with all the stressful events going on worldwide.

It would be so nice to have a vacation in the near future. I'd love to go visit my parents up in Cleveland, before the weather gets too cold. I call them daily to chat, and miss having the chance to do it in person. They are busy with their gardening, and all is well with them.

A new week starts tomorrow, how I hope it's a good one. There's a lot of work to do, but for today, it's at a leisurely pace, the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment