Friday, October 24, 2008

Remembering My Blackie


Today I worked on a comforting music playlist for my Pet Grief Support Group home page. I started the group awhile ago and it now has nearly 500 members, all hurting from the loss of a pet. I compiled a bunch of songs that are hopefully helpful to them, and posted it on the site's page:
http://aspcacommunity.ning.com/group/petmemorialgroup

A year ago, I lost my precious Blackie about ths time, the furry little love of my life. His ashes sit in an urn here on my desk. A tugging pain is still inside me at hs loss but through help of friends and starting this group, I'm as good as I can be. It's comforting to know he's with me in spirit, somewhere. Blackie was more human than cat in many ways. My parents and friends were always blown away by how much he loved me, followed me everywhere and was inconsolable when I went on trips. He loved food, all food, even ice. He loved Starbucks Caramel Frappucinos. If he'd been human, he'd have been a food critic or connoisseur. I'm thinking of you, my little buddy, and miss you very much!!!


It's dark and slightly rainy here in Florida, which is great. I love rainy days. The wind is blowing into my condo and it's cool. This is the beginning of cooler temperatures down here in Florida, my favorite time of year. The cats sit in the windows, glad to have them open so they can smell the great outdoors. I give them love and support so they never again know neglect or abuse. They came from abusive situations, and are survivors. I do my best to lead a peaceful life. No fighting, screaming, craziness or drama. Just peace, unless Beau decides to let loose with one of his spontaneous cat operas (usually in the middle of the night). Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment