Monday, April 27, 2009

The Crazy Mess with CafePress




Find my CP store at http://www.cafepress.com/twopurringcats
and the main store at:
http://www.zazzle.com/twopurringcats*


By now, CafePress shopkeepers have been made aware of a nasty revision to our commission amounts if we offer our products on the CP Marketplace. Whenever you search on CafePress' search engine, it brings up results on their marketplace. The new rule makes it so us shopkeepers would only earn 10, yes I said TEN percent commission for our Marketplace sales. Knowing that my work is worth much more than that, I am opting OUT of the Marketplace but keeping my store since I have loyal customers who know where my store is on the internet. Items sold directly from the store itself don't have that 10% rule. If it ever does, then forget CP completely. Big shop owners like myself are opting out in droves to get away from the new "rules", leaving only those who are new and don't know how to price or those who are profoundly desperate to settle for meager chump change as earnings.

From now on, if you want to access products at my CafePress store then you must type in my URL directly, do not search on CafePress for it (use Google or other engines search term, "Two Purring Cats Studio" ). This allows me to keep my normal commissions, and not bother with the Marketplace at all. My store URL is:

http://www.cafepress.com/twopurringcats

To repeat, you can reach my store, either at the above address or search for it on Google (or other search engines except for CafePress). The store goes on as usual, you just won't find it searchable on the CafePress website itself.


As for my feelings on this whole CafePress terms of service/commission rates, well, I'm thoroughly disgusted and know better than to devalue my work like that. Having worked in Accounting departments when younger, I understand business budgeting somewhat but come on, this is ridiculous.

You can always find me at Zazzle, my main site, at:

http://www.zazzle.com/twopurringcats*

Check my store out there, it's been reworked and I've maintained my ProSeller status so I'm happy with it.












Here's some old but good songs that sum up many shopkeepers' feelings @ CafePress:


We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister



I Can't Go for That by Darryl Hall & John Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment