Sunday, May 22, 2011

Time to Find a Great New Place

The time has come to find a new place to live. After months and months of headaches stemming from drains that don't work, and a refridgerator that should've been replaced eons ago and leaks water everywhere, it's time to say goodbye and find a quality, uncomplicated place with people who are willing to fix things, not blame others or try to charge for their own issues. This building is very old, as is the fridge and the drains. Never mind that there is only one entrance in and out, a huge fire hazard which is technically against the law to have. Big, fat code violation. I ignored it but since they don't keep the alleyway clear (has poison ivy growing and some sort of electrical or other type of lines hanging down from possibly electric or telephone poles, etc, taking the trash out means walking around a HUGE building. With a bad back, that is not easy..especially if you have a heavy box or bag of trash.

Landlords have tried to blame ME, and harrass me with constant nagging about my cats (they said this is an animal friendly place when I moved in but make a big deal about "cat smell" in the hallway on a frequent basis). Friends and family don't notice it, just one tenant that didnt' get along with another girl here, for no real reason, and in my opinion just likes to complain. Landlady has been always calling, trying to "instruct" me how to live. I know how to live. I've successfully lived in other places without problems for years. This woman is only a year older than me and because she has money, thinks she can tell me how to live my life, etc. It's just sickening. I tried to turn the other cheek and be nice to her but that only made her nag more. It's become an endless battle, where in my opinion she doesn't listen to what I have to say, but drowns it out with complaining about ME, then telling me how much she wants me to stay when I tell her I'm leaving. I'm sick of this twisted, power-play game and want a place free of this garbage.

So, I'm looking around. Feels good to do so. My friend is on the Board of Directors of this town and is going to help me find something, hopefully in the village. She was horrified when I told her how I was being treated. It may take some looking since in the country, rental options may not be as plentiful as in the city, but it will be worth it when I find a place. Hopefully with a porch or place to garden. I love living in the country and am making an all-out effort. A smallish house with some privacy will be best, or maybe a duplex. Peace and quiet, that's what I'm all about. No bickering, quarrelsome, rude, condescending landlords to deal with. I will interview prospective landlords as much as they interview me, kindly, of course. Life is just too short to have to deal with people who aren't nice. And so the true search begins..

Custom T-Shirts