Thursday, May 01, 2008

Our Economy Needs More Stimulation That Just a Check

I've been doing ok despite the disasterous economy due to Bush and his horrible presidency. Up in Cleveland, my parents are hanging in there, too, thank goodness. It will be great when Bush is out and someone else - anyone will do, practically - takes over the White House.

I've cut back on groceries, and don't drive since taxis are cheap and plentiful here. Buying in bulk has helped me weather this financial storm that has caused many families to lose their homes, sell family heirlooms to put food on the table, etc. Meanwhile, Bush says nothing's wrong. He actually went on a game show, and made some joke about the economy there, how stupid and tactless is that?? And, I really don't care that his daughter wrote a book, or that she's making wedding plans. Spare us all, the US has more important things to worry about, like basic survival.

We've been in a recession, big-time, though Washington won't admit it. They just spin propoganda to try to cover it up. It's like trying to put a Band-Aid on a broken leg, it doesn't help. Governmental fat cats feel nothing, since they're rich and aren't affected by the money crunch. What has happened to our government, yikes. I'm not political, but this is crazy. I feel fortunate that our family isn't suffering. It affects us somewhat - prices are too high for me to want to fly and see my folks, or drive. Too expensive. There, I'm off my soap box. It just saddens me to see such problems and suffering in our country. Bring back Bill Clinton, he did a good job, despite the Lewinsky thing. Go Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama! Either would do just fine. That's my two cents. Oh, and this..



No comments:

Post a Comment