Saturday, January 17, 2009

Let the Inauguration Festivities Begin




The formal Presidential Inauguration isn't until Tuesday but the celebrating and partying have already begun as Barack Obama makes his way to the white house via his Whistle Stop train tour. I've been watching it on CNN as I work, here at home. My back hurts (back pain acting up) so I won't be attending the local parties here, as it hurts to walk but I'm not letting that bother me. It's just great knowing that Obama will be in office soon, as George Bush slinks off into the sunset with his tail between his legs. It's nice to be home, watching it all on tv instead of freezing over in Washington DC, in cold temperatures and big crowds. Life is good.

Sure, Mr.Obama and Mr.Biden have a huge responsibility on their hands, fixing the huge mistakes of the last eight years. But, if anyone can do it, I'm sure they can. It's quite exciting, and the whole country is electrified as we wait for the swearing in. Washington D.C. is a wonderful place, I've been there numerous times, he will fit in perfectly there, and class it up even more than it already is.







Footnote to George Bush and his administration: Here's a song dedicated to you: