Monday, February 18, 2008

Lots of Drawing Going on Here


Found this creative little poster on the net. It's pretty clever in a creepy sort of way.



My online store is getting even bigger, with the addition of many new designs on all my items. Basically, I'm a drawing machine these days, working from morning to late at night on my drawings, for myself and clients. It's fun and not work, but when my eyes get tired, then it's time to stop. I've learned discipline in this regard, since health is nothing to mess with. The horrific back problem (sciatica and herniated disk) last year taught me that lesson, loud and clear.


For young artists, take care of your eyes, because the older you get, they gradually to weaken with hard use. Especially if you do the kind of work I do, tight and detailed renderings that make you go crosseyed when working on them for long periods of time. To me, turning forty three was when I began noticing that my eyes aren't what they used to be and needed help. So, I have bought work lamps of different kinds, a pair of non-prescription reading glasses and added an anti-glare screen to the computer monitor. My magnifier light is a Godsend at times, too, for those intense details in drawings.

So, here I sit, in my recliner, drawing pad in hand and the latest Harry Potter movie playing in the background. I work well with music or tv going, for some wierd reason. My usual place to work when the artwork isn't too big and fits nicely in my lap. I'm surrounded by lamps, and have Beau draped across my feet. He's good at draping himself across things.

Example 1: The Carpet




Examples 2 & 3: My desk



Such is the life of a pampered studio cat. When he gets bored with sleeping, he goes and watches the egrets, storks, ducks and herons that live on the lake in back. Cat TV, especially when the seagulls swoop around, he loves that. There's a little lizard who likes to perch himsef on the glass of the sliding glass door, above Beau's head, just out of reach. It drives Beau nuts, as he tries in vain to catch it. It's so funny to watch, one of these days I'll get a photo of it.

As for me, I'm on a roll here, finishing a design a day for the last week. Check out my website at:


http://www.cafepress.com/twopurringcats


Now, it's back to the drawing board, literally..

No comments:

Post a Comment